United Community Action Program, Inc.

Comfort, health, safety, air quality and lower energy use are goals of the Weatherization Program. The goals are accomplished by the installation of materials to save energy by keeping heat from escaping in the winter and cool air in the summer.
An onsite visit will evaluate your home. Data from this visit will then be entered into a computer program called NEAT (National Energy Audit Tool). This tool determines what measures will be taken and what material will be provided in the home for energy savings.

62 homes were weatherized in calendar year 2016.

Work completed by Weatherization:
  • Weatherize or replace doors.
  • Replace broken glass.
  • Install primary windows.
  • Install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
  • Insulate hot water tanks.
  • Attic insulation.
  • Install energy efficient fluorescent lighting.
The UCAP Weatherization program has been hit with major funding reductions. Although the program will continue, the amount of assistance available has been cut by more than 60%.

Low-income residents of Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Logan, Noble, Osage, Pawnee, Payne and Tulsa Counties.  Elderly, persons with disabilities, and households with children have highest service priority. 

Low-income residents are eligible for this program.  You can either be a homeowner or a renter.  Low income for this program is defined as at or below 200 percent of poverty level, as shown in the chart below:

Persons in Family  200% 


For families with more than 8 persons, add $8,320 for each additional person.

Income refers to the total annual cash receipts before taxes from all sources, with the exceptions noted below.  Income data for the last 12 consecutive months is used to determine eligibility.

money, wages and salaries before any deductions; net receipts from non-farm or farm self-employment (receipts from a person's own business or from an owned or tented farm after deductions for business or farm expenses).  Individuals who are self-employed must submit a current tax return with a schedule C, to determine eligibility.

regular payments from social security, railroad retirement, unemployment compensation, strike benefits from union funds, worker's compensation, veteran's payments, training stipends, alimony, and military family allotments; private pensions, government employee pensions (including military retirement pay), and regular insurance or annuity payments; dividends, interest, net rental income, net royalties, periodic receipts from estates or trusts, and net gambling or lottery winnings.

INCOME does not include:
capital gains; any assets drawn down as withdrawals from a bank, the sale of property, a house, or a car: one-time payments from a welfare agency to a family or person who is in temporary financial difficulty; tax refunds, gifts, loans, lump sum inheritances, one-time insurance payments, or compensation for injury.

INCOME ALSO does not include:
non-cash benefits, such as the employer-paid or union-paid portion of health insurance or other employee fringe benefits, food or housing received in lieu of wages, the value of food and fuel produced and consumed on farms, the imputed value of rent from owner-occupied non-farm or farm housing, and such Federal non-cash benefit programs as Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, school lunches, and housing assistance. 

NOTE:  Child support payments and college scholarships are excluded.

If the home needs too many repairs; the house has a safety hazard, (i.e. gas leak); the condition of the house presents a health hazard to UCAP workers, (i.e. insect infestation, animal waste, open sewers, mold); illegal activities are being conducted in the home, or the client is uncooperative, abusive or threatening to staff, the home will not be weatherized, even if you qualify. 

Complete a Weatherization Application & Client Intake and Assessment form.  

•Provide the name of your utility companies along with
account numbers.
•Sign the Release of Energy Consumption section on the bottom of page two of the application.  This allows UCAP to obtain your utility records.

•Forms should be submitted with proof of income.  Proof of income can be a tax return, award letter from Social Security or a paycheck stub.

•Once complete, staff will review and process your application.

•Participants are selected by a priority rating system.  There is a waiting list in most Counties. 

•You will receive a letter from UCAP whether you are approved or denied services

Weatherization Department
           918-762-3041  Ext. 135





























Website Builder